Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Change Jars

A couple of years ago my co-workers decided I needed an Xbox 360 so we could all play games online together.  As I could not justify the expense, and as I could not justify just paying straight out of my pocket for it, my friend Liz repurposed a mug from her office and turned it into my Xbox 360 fund.  The fund grew, I bought the Xbox and funny enough it was my brother and my good friend, and roommate, Ken who ended up using it way more than I did.  Truth be told I do play games on it, but when I'm around it's main purpose is to watch movies on Netflix or DVD's. 

Now that the Xbox hurdle has been met I am on to my next quest.  This one is for another unjustifiable gadget.  This time I want the Dyson Air Multiplier AM03.

Not only do I love the design, but I also love the fact that it's bladeless.  According to Gizmodo, the guts of the fan, located in the base, sucks in air from the bottom and shoots it out of the front rim of the circular "fan" portion.  The resulting airflow draws in wind from the back of the fan to accelerate the generated air speed 18 times, thus rivaling, or perhaps even beating, traditional fans.

What's great about it is that it's supposed to be quieter than most fans and is supposed to be a great air circulator, which in my house is really needed as I do not have many windows on one side of the house.  I'll admit that I love the design as well - modern, sleek, love the blue ring and you can stick your head through it (great for those of you who have kids).


So here it goes.  I am starting my Dyson Air Multiplier AM03 fund.  I'm not sure if anyone at work will contribute like they did with my Xbox fund, but at least I have my next goal. 

Check this out.  If you didn't believe me before here is a YouTube video of a balloon getting sucked into the rings of the fan while it is on.

No comments: