Thursday, March 11, 2010

Leftovers

Last night I felt compelled to make the dinner I wasn't able to make last Sunday because we ate pasta instead.  These burritos are the easiest thing to make.  They are fresh, healthy and very tasty. 

Ingredients:
flour or wheat tortillas
large can sliced olives
large can diced green chilies
shredded cheddar
1 can pinto beans
bag of coleslaw mix w/out the dressing
red salsa

In a large bowl mix the olives, green chilies and beans together.  Add the cheddar.  This is your binder.  You actually don't need too much, I don't tend to put a large amount in the mix.  Add about 1/4 to 1/2 the bag of coleslaw mix.  Stir everything together finishing with your choice of red salsa - just enough to cover and dress all the other ingredients.  Don't put too much or during the cooking process it will ooze out of the tortilla and make everything wet.

Wrap ingredients in your tortillas.  Line up in a large pyrex baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees until the top is slightly brown and crispy to the touch.

One great thing you can do is add shredded, cooked chicken.  This tastes fantastic in the mix.



Got this receipe from either my mom's Sunset or Better Homes and Gardens magazine many years ago.  Tends to be a huge hit every time I make it.

3 comments:

lilibet said...

Hey, I made it! It was very yummy!

Akemichan said...

That's awesome! I'm so glad you guys tried it and loved it! Did you add any cooked, shredded chicken to it or did you eat it the just with the veggies?

lilibet said...

Just the veggies -- I find chicken too tiresome to defrost and cook, so I do without usually. :) We eat half-vegetarian anyway.