Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sunday Dinner

This week for Sunday dinner my friends made an easy and delicious pasta dish:

Ingedients:
pasta of your choice
asparagus
salt
gorgonzola cheese

Cut up asparagus into bite size pieces and put in a large pot.  Add enough water to cook the pasta and sprinkle a bit of salt into the water.  Boil water and add pasta.  Cook until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally to keep pasta from sticking to the pot.

Drain pasta and asparagus, put back into the pot.  Add gorgonzola cheese - just enough to melt and cover all the pasta and asparagus.  Adjust salt as needed (cheese tends to be a little salty, so may not need to add more).  Add pepper if desired.

What I love about this dish is the endless possibilities.  Talking to my friend, and roommate Ken, we started rattling off the different ways we could alter this recipe.  Sauted onions or finely cut basil mixed in at the end.  Arugula, shredded chicken or maybe even ground turkey.  Just as long as the flavors aren't too strong, you could add just about anything.  Skies are almost the limit. 

1 comment:

lilibet said...

That sounds so yummy! I usually saute asparagus in olive oil and sea salt until they're limp (trust me, it's good), but I could bring myself to do this. :)